Organic almonds 250 Gr
Pizzuta and Fascionello, the finest almonds in the world
The Pizzuta of Avola is the most prized almond in the world. It blooms in the middle of winter and for this reason it only proliferates in marine and low hill areas. It prefers the best soils, with the best exposure. It has a hard, smooth shell with small pores. Its seed is shaped like an ellipse. It is flat and leathery red in colour. It is the almond of choice for confectionery and, in general, for the most advanced cuisine. Its very low yields help to enhance its organoleptic quality.
• Intense casein flavour.
• A pleasant, light bitter note in the finish.
• Great persistence in the mouth thanks to its richness in essential oils.
This variety is typical of the Syracuse area. Large shell, often with ochre streaks. Smooth surface with small pores.
The seed is asymmetrical, with one side oval. Dark and robust skin with deep veins.
• Full and balanced palate.
• Memories of wheat and white flowers.
• Elegant finish and remarkable persistence in the mouth.
Our tip: White wines or Brut sparkling wines
- Mixed Pizzuta d'Avola and Fascionello (Fasciunieddu)
- Available categories
- variable according to season
- Agro of Noto
Noto and Syracuse
- No chemical treatment
- Regular oval flat
- Leather red
- Percentage of bitterness
- Amygdalin about 1%
- Presence of twin fruits
- insignificant (0 to 2%)